Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Tuesday 30 August 2016

End of Month Accounts

I feel I am about to start a new term, with an almost clean slate.

Many of the matters that were hanging over me during July and August (apart from the book) have been cleared up.

Harry, while not deliriously happy, is a bit sorted, with a job, an income, regular trips to a probation officer, and will be paying rent from the end of the month. He should be seeing a bereavement counsellor in the future.

Ned is back for a break, sorted with a new house, trying to get a job, and shortly going to re-start working.
So he's sorted, ish - because still depressed and low and anxious about the degree.

Finn has a job, part time, for weeks.  He's also able to go back and do selected bits of his A-levels, which is a good thing.  Much relieved to find this out!  And I didn't have to bribe them with a massive donation to school funds.

And Mark still hasn't finished his first Cambridge report, but our financial problems have been massively relieved by an influx of funds from my Pa.   As a result we are going to Naples for a week or so next month.  I am still in limbo about the book, but I have "peace" about it, because chatting to Tara yesterday, I decided not to self-publish in October.  Somehow this has freed me up mentally to start writing again, or at least working on research for the new book.   A complex multi-stranded story of 3 women who are in conflict with the authorities of their day.  Yay!  Misogyny through the Ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment