Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 19 January 2014

Lord McAlpine

In 2012 I wrote some pieces which named a couple of people in the Conservative party who were rumoured to be involved in paedophilia (that's upper class child abuse... or is it just a more distinguished form of child abuse?).  At the time there was a great BBC-scandal because Lord McAlpine had been named as connected with the Welsh childrens' home paedophilia scandal/cover up.... he took offence, sued etc. and threatened to pursue everyone who had ever retweeted disobliging tweets about him.    Although I hadn't written much about him, I had mentioned his love of boxing matches in passing.   He died the other day, which is why I am now writing this, not because I have any thing scandalous to say about him - the love of boxing not being exactly connected with paedophilia - although I think the way it was seen in the Ancient Greek world at the Olympic and other games, leaves one in no doubt about the erotic stimulus in provided for some.

Anyway, what I guessed at the time was that Lord M (bottom) could have been mistaken for Peter M (below) - the now dead Welsh office MP, worshipper of Mrs Thatcher and apparent paedophile.
They are not that similar - but to a frightened child, one stout, rubicund, jowelly Tory probably is as bad as another.  So maybe this solves the Lord M thing, that he was wrongly identified when it was Morrison all along.  Unless of course it's true.  Apparently a lot of BBC journos believe it is true - but that may just be the strength of the conspiracy theorising.  I know nothing, only that he liked watching boxing, and this fact has not been thought worthy of mention in the obituaries.  After all, plenty of people like boxing apparently.

Despite the death of Lord M I don't think I shall bring back the very popular pieces on Tory paedophilia... who knows, someone else's lawyer may be on the qui vive for this sort of material, and I don't really want to be bankrupted.  At the time I wrote them a great deal was being made of some investigations into a place called Elm House in Barnes...here apparently more cavorting with the denizens of care homes took place.  Oh why do I say cavorting?  I am trying to be euphemistic, but why don't I just say rape?  Since then, nothing more has been said.  

As I wondered in the previous post, why do the Tories seem to be so heavily implicated in child abuse?.  Is it just a coincidence that nearly all the well-known men charged with it have been Tories?  I imagine Stuart Hall was a Tory (the commentator, not the sociologist!).  I'm not saying there aren't Labour voters who abuse children (probably their own, rather than purchasing other people's), but somehow child-rape seems to be an unpleasant metaphor for just how much these people care for the weak, vulnerable and marginalised and how insouciantly they screw us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment