Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 16 February 2014

Lacking wholeheartedness!

I wish I felt as delighted as I ought to feel about the changes in direction of our fortunes.  There is always this nasty feeling that things will somehow go wrong - the direction of flow will change... but in fact things have even got better. It turns out my father will put his house on the market in June/July - so we will have the money even sooner.   As a result, I have been emboldened to book a hotel for a few days in Arles, in April.  Ned is advancing us the money - and I have a nice warm feeling about sunny cafes, ancient stones, lizards, warmth, sunshine, spring flowers....ah for a dose of the warm South!

The fact that I have had a most obnoxious virus/flu for 6 days hasn't helped.  Obviously that always makes one feel grim.  Today the sun shone quite unequivocally - it was warm - with a zippy wind of course! - and I saw the first blackthorn flowers.  I was hoping that this was the day when things turned, when I began to feel better.  After a stupendously  milky latte (clue in name I think!) a sandwich and a shared piece of coconut cake I felt completely ill again.   Heigh-ho!   Still, it was a lovely day, things are getting better.  I have done virtually no writing because I am in a headspin about what to do.

Next week I shall concentrate on getting all the financial loose ends sorted out - and then perhaps, a dozen submissions - including US ones - of the Ash Grove - and then, and then....well, it might be March and it might be clearer where things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment