Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 23 March 2014

Another week

My life is not actually boring at present, but it is very mundane.  In the last few days I have been with my father, and made lunch and enjoyed the tremendously warm sunny weather.  I have done some tuition, and discovered that one of the girls is aspergic and finds it very difficult to imagine anything, and doesn't like changing.  I now find it very difficult to see how she can cope with the GCSE.  She may be helped by visual learning.

I had some social life, I saw Tara for a cup of tea here, and I had my hair done at Marion's and then we had lunch in the local - rabbit stew.  I was knackered on Friday, and drove straight to my father's, saw my sister C and tried to find some US agents.  I like the look of one, so I'll start with her.

M and I have been up and down, I went into "cannot stand it another day" mode - but recovered eventually, although when I left on Friday morning I wasn't feeling my most cheery.  In the next year or so we will get our "get out of jail free" card - in the form of money from our parents.  I am very aware that we should have a serious discussion about it, but as we don't know exactly how much we are going to get, we can't even sketch a back of the envelope idea of how to divide it up.

The other major excitement has been that I have booked a gite for a week - it is probably hideous, since there were no photos of it, but it is surrounded by vines and cherries on a flat plain near Uzes - and has a swimming pool. And it's not far from my cousin Rachel - so that should be nice.

I am just wondering why things are like this.  We've had some good news, and I have begun to lose my anxiety about things, but I feel so limited, so underwhelmed by everything.  Is this further repression of my emotions?  My whole life seems to be narrowing down, I am writing of course, but I wonder whether I have much to offer through it, since I have so little interest in anything much.   However, I have been reading a lot of books, so perhaps it's time for a Book of the Month blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment