Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 19 October 2015

ASDA be improved!

ASDA: I bought a case of wine on Thursday - it was to be delivered on Friday - Yodel didn't deliver, so I had to check their website.  Yodel said it had been "damaged" (is that delivery-speak for redistributed and drunk?).  The explanation said ASDA would contact me. They hadn't by Saturday morning, so  I emailed ASDA - no reply. 

Today they call, saying that they cannot let me collect a replacement case from the shop, as I had suggested. 
Why not?
 " We can't change a delivery to click and collect".
 Oh, so I have to cancel my order and do it again? 
"Yes, we can offer you a refund and the money will be in your account in 3-5 days." 
I pointed out that if I went into the supermarket and paid them £52 I would not expect to wait 4 days for my groceries, and then another 5 days while they organised the refund, so why was this different? 

Apparently they have refunded me, but if I could buy that wine anywhere else, I wouldn't be using ASDA - and I will certainly avoid Yodel again at all costs - last time they were involved in a delivery it was the M&S Mother's day snarl-up.
 
THIS AFTERNOON's EPISODE OF "YOU & YOURS" WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER A. 
Here endeth the rant!.


No comments:

Post a Comment