Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 27 November 2015

Thanksgiving

I don't do Thanksgiving - being a Brit - and I have tried to keep a gratitude diary (I think on here) but it ran out of steam.  It was a bit repetitive and I got bored:, health, nice house, influx of money, by having these things as a given and not feeling the lack of them, it tended to shift the focus onto the things I wanted, that I hadn't got, such as a publishing contract, and a clear brain every day!  So it stopped being very thanksgiving. Today I saw one of my cousin's blog about Thanksgiving
https://sophiecaldecott.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/how-to-feel-grateful-when-you-dont-think-you-can/



I think her idea about a "beauty blog" is a good one. It reminded me of when I was depressed, and I finally realised that I was coming out of it when I started to notice small things, like a sparrow hopping along a station platform, spring flowers etc.  It is those small things that recall one to life, and make one spontaneously grateful for beauty and small happinesses and the wonder of things such as loosestrife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment