Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 6 March 2016

katehamlyn.com

I have finally created a website for myself, chiefly to promote my literary efforts, which are more fully discussed in the other blog "Only writing"  katehamlyn.blogspot.co.uk.

I bought a domain name in late December, having been told by a number of people that I must get myself out there a bit more.  I also bought a very cheap bit of software called Website Builder that only cost about £3 or something.   I then looked at it and despaired.  Eventually, I called my friend Ruth, who designs websites for a living, to come and help me.  It was actually pretty straightforward, this is because it is limited in what it can do for you.  However, it doesn't look too bad and after Ruth and I had put it through its paces I spent parts of yesterday afternoon and this morning writing and straightening it up.  Remarkably I had plenty of pics to put on it, although Finn complained that the one of me was poor quality and cropped oddly.  However, there aren't many really nice pix of me (yes, I have residual vanity).

It was very exciting though to find that, having started the website on Friday that I had something simple and workwomanlike available to view on Sunday, and although there is a bit of a template, it's very flexible and effectively I designed it myself!   So, I am now competent to knock up websites for anyone, any time any where... as long as they are based on that simple model.

katehamlyn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment