Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Why dull entries happen

I realised I published two especially dull entries over the weekend - who gives a stuff what I think about spring or which seeds I planted?  But this blog is called quotidiana to allow me to publish exactly such dull entries.

When I say in my blurb that this is "more like a diary really" this isn't true, there's a great deal of stuff I don't write down here.  Over the weekend I was internally mulling something over, something quite good - but I didn't want to talk about it.  And I won't be talking about it here, but I did desperately want to write - so instead of writing about the thing that was occupying me, I wrote about - quotidiana! There's obviously something very necessary to me about writing.  As I become less talkative, I turn my attention to prose.  I've had several nearly silent days recently, listening to people. So, apologies for the lack of trenchant opinionated guff - but I'm sure there'll be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment