Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 27 October 2014

Attracting a following....

I never started this blog with the idea of attracting a following - and in this I have had a riotous success... there are steady numbers in the US and UK - the largely ignored Russian and Ukrainian "readership"... something to do with international internet crime I suspect - and then suddenly a spike in the French viewing figures - or a sighting from Indonesia - or Venezuela... but really, this is not that sort of blog.   I could make it more followed if I wrote more about popular culture or news items or put recipies in or treated this as a serious professional effort, rather than as a sort of glorified diary (from which I have edited all the more "interesting" personal revelations!).

A selection of my devoted followers (actually, these are elephants on their way to a "funeral" - so it may be appropriate)


Anyway, the fact is that as soon as I write about a film or an event or even a book, there is a sudden spike in activity.  Presumably everyone is seeking out Effie Gray - and they get all the way down the list and find my review.  I still find this a little weird.  A pity I did not review Pride  - or perhaps I did.  Do I want a following?  If I ever get published my publishers will want me to have one - on the other hand, if they read this they might want me to have a different blog with different followers - but that's another subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment