Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 31 December 2014

The Christmas continues

We had our annual family Christmas gathering at my father's house.  There were 15 of us, plus my father's friend Richard Bolt who has an infallible sense of when a family feast is going to occur - and turns up on the offchance.  I don't mind feeding him - God knows we have more than enough food - but I mind the fact that he takes up lots of room when we are already a bit cramped... he also sat in on the present giving - and then left silently without thanking anyone.   He also whinged about pudding "I thought I was getting a chocolate pudding" - when they were being cooked to order.   My father says he suffers because he has a vegetarian wife.  That is my father's idea of suffering folks!

We were lavished with lovely presents, fab wine, a crocus voucher, and a Kindle!  Now I will do a Bolt-like whinge... I thought Kindles had a light so you could read them in bed at night, but it doesn't... apparently.  I have downloaded a couple of books and discovered that because I am an Amazon Prime customer I can borrow some books for free...

On Monday we went to London and had dim sum with Tom and Anne - our favourite restaurant, CCK - Cheung Chen Ku - has closed down,.  I am gutted.  The Wong Kei goes undeservedly on - cheap and cheerful I suppose.  We went to the New Loon Fung - which was OK, next time we must try to go to the New World - the last one with trolleys apparently.

I have a head cold and this is slightly blighting my days - but tonight we have two parties to go to - so I must brace up!


No comments:

Post a Comment