Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 18 January 2016

The healing power of blogging

The following day, after I posted the health moans, I woke up and I was not stiff and aching all over.  I swung my legs out of bed easily and stood up without hurting myself.  This was quite wonderful.   I walked to the bathroom and coped with the steps... and I felt so energised I got up and cooked bacon and eggs and black pudding and anything else I could find (a manky tomato and some shiitake mushrooms, mashed potatoes).

I have continued to feel better, today I went to the Library and back without aggro, and walked down the stairs there.  It's almost normal.  There's a sore pad on my right foot and my left knee (the one I suspect of being "the problem")  was painful but that could have been a result of walking awkwardly for the last few days.   I doubt whether I am ready to start springing about leafletting and canvassing - but at least I am well enough to walk to from the car park to Relate tomorrow (oh, the joy!).

Yes, there's still the gynaecological mystery, but the decline in aching and stiffness is very welcome.  Could it be the anti-inflammatory diet working already?  Can it be sugar and gluten?  I've lost a couple of pounds, but nothing exciting, and my left knee really does hurt...so maybe the knee is an issue of its own.  I managed to damage both my knees in separate teenage accidents, so they always give me intermittent gip anyway.

Perhaps it was blogging about my imminent death that challenged the fates!  Or the "darkest hour is before dawn" being true.  Or Mark's desperate prayers ("Lord, let her get up and do some housework!")

No comments:

Post a Comment