Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 2 October 2013

A short list - to be reviewed

I am beginning to think that my life has reached rock bottom - so of course I am singing to myself "Things can only get better...."  but perhaps I should make a list of all the things that are wrong with my life, in the hope that I can look at them in a month's time and review them and perhaps feel better about them.

1.  My work is getting nowhere and I am losing faith in it and by extension myself.
2.  I have stopped losing weight and am beginning to put it on again.
3.  Our financial situation is currently precarious and without further work soon will become unsustainable by Christmas.
4.  Finn is extremely depressed.
5.  Mark is unhappy.
6.  I am worried about my weird internal problem, and by my stiff thigh and wonky knee (one on each leg)
7.  I feel gloomy about several of my friendships/relationships
8.  Oh, is that all?

Now actually, it looks less bad.  Of course each of these categories has sub-categories of worry - within the debt worries are several subsidiary worries about different situations (Inland Revenue, benefits, etc).  And there are worries about things I should be doing - and have left undone.   I have taken a pledge to do something every day to improve finance, whether that's a job hunt, or trying to find ways of cutting expenditure - and of course to work on books.



I chose a photo at random from a file - this is what came out.  It's one of a series of beautiful plaques on the wall in a church at Romney - a good choice - a reminder of what I ought to be doing.  It is sometimes very hard to be thankful - but one must try.  Perhaps just "acting" thankful is the best one can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment