Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 8 April 2011

April - not cruellest month... yet

It has been too nice to blog.  And I have actually been working, not on Conscience (well only about 500 words) but on work related things, and voluntary stuff, and having a re-think about 17 Years which although I liked it, I never thought the beginning was right - I wanted to jealousy to be age-old, to start in teenage years... danger of making the opening chapter a bit like The Formative Year - but a teenage party can be a turning point - in so many ways... and I'm sure I can't be the only person who has found this.  In fact, I realised that Rosamund Lehmann had dealt with some of this material many years ago.... no one has ever seen that parallel with TFY, probably because no one reads her any more. 

Weather is fabulous.  Garden is fabulous.  Today I am "relaxing" i.e. cooking for 11 and having the SoA around - although I keep wanting to call them inappropriately the SOE... I am trying to judge what sort of intensity of housework needs to be done.   Fortunately, last week we had RP's toy theatre production of Valsha the Slave Queen - and 20-odd people for that, and so the house is reasonably tidy.,

The garden smells heavenly: narcissus, the last of the hyacinths and the viburnum burckwoodii, and the clem. amandii.  If I wasn't so busy I would feel really quite happy.  Even M has been less of a pain since he has been out on site most of the week.

Next week we are all at home, as the boys have just broken up - and I think I will be on holiday mode, except that I ought to be doing things, I do have 3 business meetings, some other things as well, and the coaching.    I decided yesterday I didn't want to do it any more.  And now, magic, N says he can't take F to London... so, like magic, I have stepped into the breach!  It will mean driving, since the trains are really expensive first thing in the morning... but it means I can go and do something, perhaps have lunch with Amanda... must go and email her.

No comments:

Post a Comment