Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Thursday 31 March 2011

The Neighbourhood 2

I went for another little ramble amongst the neighbouring blogs - this time I was the only person who didn't have a photo of a child or puppy up.  Or indeed anything to laugh at at all.  I also think I may be the only person not to use the words "cute" or "adorable".  Oh dear, I suppose the difference is most people use their blogs to celebrate stuff - so they celebrate their lovely families.  I don't have much to celebrate except (well - reasons to be cheerful.... will follow).   So I complain, and am a bit ironic about things.   A lot of the blogs appear to be Christian - again, I haven't put one of my favourite Bible verses on the home page.  Perhaps I should title each post with a verse.    But I fear I am the wrong type of Christian. 

Where are these blogs that turn into bestsellers - are filled with mordant humour? Are deeply moving?  Well, there was one about fertility treatment that was very sad...  And I did find an interesting variant on spaghetti carbonara (no cream!).

Has anyone noticed that this is a displacement activity?   I had an Indian reader yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment