Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 23 September 2011

Just did it!

My "writing week" which runs from Thursday to Thursday at the moment - was successful - I thought doing less than 3,000 words in my second week wouldn't be good - but I just managed it last night.  So, 3,100 - not quite as good as last week's 5,000, but I think giving myself this deadline seems to work... it's just as important as anything else, in fact more so.  Today heard of a writer who used to write 30,000 words a day - sigh!

I worried that what I wrote last night might be rubbish -  but when I looked at it although it seemed a bit repetitive in places, overall it had some good ideas and developments.

My concern is that my vocabulary is more limited in this novel - and there's less obviously good writing - but lots of dialogue - much more popular I expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment