Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 2 September 2012

Autumn Term

I've always liked early September - it's the new year - back to work.  This year I am coming back to work without the benefit of a holiday to alter my perspective etc.  I have been so tired, that I felt I would never recover.  After 3 days at my father's I still felt tired, but yesterday, after a day in London, I began to feel a bit more normal.

I saw some good things - unfortunately I did not have my camera with me to record them, so no pictures of Titchfield Abbey, Netley Abbey, Hamble, Rousham, ChristChurch meadows Oxford, Lord Leighton's House, the British Museum and Lyric Square Hammersmith (where we had a prolonged coffee and waited for Finn).

The weather was pretty good - especially the days we went to Hampshire and Oxfordshire.  We are going back to Oxfordshire in a few days' time - to Emma and Peter's party - Emma is Mark's cousin.  We saw Strat in Oxford, which was really great, he was in good spirits.  I couldn't help noticing how intensely considerate he was of others - perhaps too much so?

We relaxed and spent money during this trip - not an enormous amount but just enough so that we didn't have to say "NO" all the time to the boys.  They are becoming more considerate... and not asking for things. It helped that my father gave them some dosh and Ned had some money that he had earned from the Squall.

They say the weather will improve and become lovely again next week - I hope so, I'd like some later summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment