Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 9 November 2012

Defamation - famous Tories and sex

OK - I've been scared into it.  I have taken down the 3 blogs that referred to rumours about a former Tory cabinet minister... I don't suppose we need D notices any more - the libel laws, the super injunctions etc. have taken over.  Although arguably, if a cabinet minister is using underage boys, that would not really be a matter of national security - would it?

Interestingly, the rumours I was writing about focused around someone whose name has not been mentioned in the mainstream media.  Perhaps lying low is the smart thing to do.  It will probably all blow over... although not until the enquiries are over.

Meanwhile, Cameron pulled off some fancy footwork with Philip Schofield didn't he?  By suggesting that the paedophilia cases could set in motion a wave of homophobia, he carefully suggested that gay men were the chief perps. of paedophilia... was that deliberate?  Or just a heat of the moment distraction technique?  We will never know.

It all stinks - and the fact that I have been scared into removing my blogs is not the least stinking thing.  I was not generating rumours, but discussing existing rumours - and apparently that too has legal implications.

Well, I shall retreat from the wider world and instead focus on personal  minutiae and wondering if my putative agent will ever ring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment