Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 27 June 2014

Garden vandals


I am fed up with horticultural vandals moving next door to me, first the occasional weekend visitor at 13 tore up all the best shrubs, including a gorgeous scented choisya, leaving a  blighted mass of weeds, which seed themselves in my garden, and causing a mass exodus of birds.  Now the other side, property development I think?, has destroyed a fantastic white rose, which used to sprawl over the roof of the shed, a beautiful purple climber, that complemented my yellow "Lady Hillingdon" rose, and worst of all, the most fabulous mirabelle plum tree, as well as virtually every other living thing.  Birds?  Bio-diversity?  These people know nothing.  Someone should drop them a hint about climate change, carbon footprint etc and the necessity for trees and shrubs.  They've made their gardens lovely and sunny - but I expect a time will come when they will crave shade.... still, they always have their smart garden umbrellas!  At least I have plenty of choice of sites to throw my snails!


I almost want to cry. I think we will plant a tree on our side of the wall where the mirabelle was.
Mark says they are like the Orcs... too true.  All they want to do is make their skin leathery - and they are free to do so.    It makes me weep to think what would happen to our garden if we moved.  Time was when "mature garden" was a selling feature of houses.  I think no. 17 is going to go for planks and pots and thus the most environmentally unsustainable form of gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment