Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Tuesday 24 February 2015

SUTU - it's being so cheerful as keeps us going!

Spent the last two hours on Fb - trying to calm troubled waters, as well as provoking further turbulence... and being called a Nazi.  I am now so battle hardened by the whole social media thing that I barely noticed... or perhaps it was the port at supper that dulled my sensitivity.

So there was an hour or so of fire-fighting, messages, comments, sniping etc.  and then at last things calmed down, and then we all started making little jokes about the far-right who have been threatening us.  And all seemed sweetness and light again.

Of course, in my new discreet LP wannabe councillor guise, I cannot say more.  I suddenly realised that although I am not exactly prominent, being a "leader" of SUTU here (officially co-chair) will make me more of a juicy target for UKIP.  Then again, since I daresay a lot of kippers are not terribly hot on social media, they probably wouldn't know where to look - so I may be safe.

However, the truth is, the next two months will be a bit gritty.  I am more confident than ever that Nigel Farage will not get a seat here.  I wouldn't put it past him to do a flit to a more juicy prospect.  Then again, where would he find one?  Nationally their support is down to 11% and it's a bit of busted flush.  Maybe Carswell will be re-elected and struggle on as leader for a bit, but I would not be surprised to find him dropping out, or "discreetly" rejoining the Tories...



The Rozanne Duncan revelations were pure joy.  How can you be a councillor who denies services to black youth - because they are black - and say you aren't racist?  Clearly she has no understanding or insight - and is thus pretty typical UKIP material.

Really insulting UKIP is very infra dig. like shooting rats in a barrel really (or is that meant to be hard?  Rats move fast).





No comments:

Post a Comment