Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Brain de-tox from Betty Herbert

 This is a nice idea - having an autumn brain de-tox, Betty (whom I met last year, but don't know very well, despite having read the first chapter of a book about her sex life) has suggested doing several things on a daily basis, and another few things on a monthly basis.

On a daily basis she suggests : Read something*/meditate or write morning pages*/look at the sky*/get out of breath
Over the month: see a film you've always wanted to see*/spend an evening listening to music you really like*/visit an exhibition or an historical site*/take a long walk/do a crazy spontaneous thing*
This all sounds good - especially since I do most of these already (the ones I've asterisked) and actually, I do do spontaneous stuff - e.g. inviting people to dinner on a whim, signing up for a bagpipe workshop, etc - perhaps not often enough, but not so seldom.  So really, we are just looking at my regular life plus some exercise.
In a way I'm a bit disappointed, since I had hoped there would be a lot of cutting down on screen time involved, but there isn't.  The scheme is to start from Monday until 20th October and to see if one feels better.  I would like to up my reading - and writing, films are taken care of by LoveFilm - we are always going to exhibitions and historical sites... long walks, not so hot.  But perhaps we could do one over the weekend, weather permitting.  Across Stodmarsh from Grove Ferry to the Red Lion perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment