Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Saturday 28 September 2013

Other possibilities....

A little light research (clue: look up the treatments and that can lead you to the disease).   I discovered that there is a condition called vaginal epithelial neoplasia... in other words new growth on the epithelial tissue (which is not the same as skin - but the sort of material that covers internal organs, glands etc. ).  Again, I'm not quite sure whether this is the same as vaginal abrasion - or whether it should spontaneously throw out cups of blood occasionally.  However, the interesting thing about it is that (as I had suspected) in 80% of cases it is caused by human papilloma virus.

Many years ago the sexual partner who bashed about a lot had a case of genital warts - as a result of which I was forced to have annual cervical smears for many years, until it was deemed that I was safe - some years after we had ceased to be married.  Oh dear. I do hope this isn't a long delayed reaction, but yesterday I was thinking about all the possible things that could have caused it and I'm afraid J's genital warts did come to mind. I'm sure it can't be - it's way too long ago - 25 years probably since we last had sex - well - 23 years at the absolute minimum (I can't remember, but I think we did have some post-marital sex at some point).  Surely that can't be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment