Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Saturday 7 January 2012

The Good News!

I wrote about this in the Only Writing blog - but just want to say that the most stupendous thing has happened.  On Tuesday (?) I was rung by an agent who wants to work with me to create a new and better version of The Romantic Feminist.  This is ludicrously exciting - when I saw her last year I decided she might be "the One" - but I didn't approach her until just before Christmas.  Anyway, she's very enthusiastic and is making lots of positive suggestions and I'm busy creating a new synopsis.   It means putting Conscience on hold and working flat out on TRF - but I think it will be worth it.  It means that I have got what I really wanted, a supportive agent who can give me some help and guide my work towards what's going to sell.   I think I really need someone to bounce ideas off - and to give me some guidance.  I know I can write - and tell a story, but, as with my journalism, the stories I want to tell are not always completely mainstream... so this is the answer.   And she is the agent of a very successful contemporary woman writer too - so she must know what she's talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment