Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Saturday 14 January 2012

Saturday night!

I suppose it's a condition of middle age that we don't go out on Saturday night.  It's money chiefly, but this Saturday seems especially grim (middle of January and all that of course) - and I managed to make a really terrible lasagne - using a frozen block of bolognese sauce which when it defrosted didn't seem to taste very nice - I added herbs and tomato passata, but it wasn't enough... the boys gave up on it, I didn't like it - and turned to cheese and nuts and red wine instead.   Where would be without red wine?  Fortunately we still have a bit of a backlog from Christmas, but think I need to conserve this too.  Well, we always conserve the good stuff to give ourselves nice surprises - but I think we'll have to convserve the plonk too.   Wonder when we'll next get a pay cheque? 

:And of course, I start having mild paranoia - suppose putative agent doesn't like the re-working of TRF?  Suppose she thinks it's hopeless...never mind, retire to watch Ken Russell...and drink coffee and eat chocolate - which should guarantee a good night's sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment