Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Saturday 17 March 2012

Eventful...

Really these have been a nice few days - Thursday's Roman dinner was great fun - despite the mysterious Kip - whom I fondly expect never to see again.  And I made a bit of money, and my father sent me a helpful cheque, Mark got a tiny job and went to London.  Then I met my cousin Terry and his very nice wife Elizabeth... and this morning I completed the story of The Romantic Feminist.  I will need to edit, add a little here and there - but overall, it is finished in all but name.   Today is a day for chores and tomorrow my mother-in-law comes to have a nice Mother's Day treat... i.e lunch and a visit to a nursery... I think we may have done the same thing last year on Mother's Day - except minus Stella.  I am foregoing my right to have a lovely luxurious lie-in to get up and make lunch...

I have discovered that Kip has been here since June - and nobody knows where he lives - apparently Alex and Keith meet him in various hostelries... Anna thinks she met him at Alex's before - perhaps it was the time I couldn't go.  Anyway, I doubt whether I'll be staying in his Cape Town establishment any time soon, even if we had the money for fares. No one can tell if he's for real or not.  He was wearing a nice shirt that I would swear he couldn't buy around here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment