Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 19 August 2012

Fun

Yes - fun has made an appearance in my life - and there's been a bit of energy with it.  On Friday we leafletted in the market for the festival - then Graham, Ned, Mark and I had a couple of drinks and some lunch at the Belgian... which was nice... it was a glorious sunny day, but we were sitting in a nice windy spot, so we didn't noticed, and I found I was rather red when we came home.  M and I walked home across the harbour - the pretty way, even though the tidal bridge was up and we had to go over the dreaded wobbly iron bridge - actually it isn't in the least wobbly, it's just my vertigo speaking.

We came home and had supper - and pottered about. This morning I cooked cakes, and we said farewell to Alexander... then we cleaned and tidied a bit - Mark didn't get to go to the beach, and I didn't get to go to Open Studios.  Naomi and Clive came over at 5 issh and we had tea and lots of chat, then a bit of wine and more chat.  They kindly brought one of Clive's books as a present.  It was very jolly - and they invited us back sometime next week.

Then M and I had pizza - then Jaime joined us and we had an interesting chat about Spain, the economy, London vs. Madrid etc.  Interesting.  Then we watched the stars for a bit, M saw two meteorites, but I missed them both.

Tomorrow we are going to have our first lie-in for weeks.... can't wait.

And as for the glory of the new moon - well, a new friendship is good... it may lead to other things - they have already asked if Ned and I might do their gardening for them.  And Graham suggested Ned come and volunteer at the Hospice charity shop - so he's got a foot in the door!  Apparently, this means retail work will be available to him.

The only downside of the last two days is that drinking and charging around the town and scrambling up the steep pavements of Ramsgate, has made me feel very stiff and achey.   But it's a small price to pay for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment