Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Thursday 27 December 2012

On the Third Day of Christmas...

I finally braced myself to look at our bank statement - and found we had gone over drawn... I had to rush off and put some cash in the bank account from Ned's savings.  Sigh.  That says it all really.  We have had a very modest Christmas in comparison with some people - no travel, no luxury foods (OK - a couple of packets of smoked salmon and a £6 tin of salmon caviar...

Today I finally iced our cake - and then dealt with the turkey carcass (turkey schmaltz, curry and stock).  We had a visitor - M's friend Chris from Norwich - Alex threatened a visit, so did Vanessa - but neither materialised.  I tried to prepare a bit towards the visit of my family on Saturday.  I had angst about their presents... but the financial situation curbed any impetuous thoughts  all my nephs and neices have way more disposable income than I do.

 I refreshed a few decorations, and got Mark to clean up the sitting room and urged the boys to expect to do housework tomorrow.

Overall, I thought about money - not much fun, I think I preferred the 2nd Day of Christmas (a nice walk to Pegwell Bay, a discussion of geology, some curlews and oyster catchers, a pair of ravens, then a friendly, warm party with Angela Flowers to talk to and so on..)

No comments:

Post a Comment