Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Hopping mad

Not really, I can walk - just not too much, and today I got through without a lie down to rest my foot.  No x-ray results until Monday - but my GP has given me penicillin because I said it felt like an abcess - it does, it's like a toothache in my foot.  It is fading, and I am not taking too many painkillers now.   I have spent the last couple of days more or less at the desk as usual - doing things for Architectural Archaeology, re-working the website text.  I should have just started from scratch - the trouble is I was editing M's format, which was his spontaneous choice... I didn't really think about it critically - fortunately, our website guru Rosemary did.

I realised this morning that I hadn't prayed for more work for a while.  I have basically accepted that there won't be any work before Christmas - and we are going to have to get by with loans from the boys... oh dear.  I won £25 on the lottery this week though, which is something.  We had a proposed visitor for 10 days, who has now changed her mind apparently.  I was offered a little bit of work on Friday, but don't think my foot will be up to it, also I just didn't feel I could quite face 3.5 hours of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment