Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 8 November 2013

What I achieved today

I got up, bottled my quince jelly, then prepared the quince liqueur I'm making.  Then I finished my entry for the Bookseller's essay competition - not a hope in hell, but a great essay anyway!

Then I discovered I didn't have to do Deer Park - but took stuff over to Sheree, and then went to a supermarket to buy useful things like tea and bacon, and then to the farm shop for a vast sack of spuds.  When I came home M and I went to Chatham to have a meeting about Finn - which was a bit tricky, because Finn was being tricky.  We went home for tea, and I let F go out for half an hour to have a smoke.  Then he helped me defrost the freezer - after 3 years I suspect!  And then I photographed the ice pile and had jolly banter on FB.



So, although I haven't made any money today (I did investigate selling books on Amazon), I have done some literary work, some family/emotional work, and some domestic work, and some pre-Christmas preparations and had a bit of a social time.  So all good really!  Now, cook supper and have a drink with a quiet conscience.

Unfortunately I was not allowed to enjoy my quiet conscience, my gin, my supper, my coffee or my evening, because Finn, enraged at being grounded until he tidied his room spent a great deal of time snarling at me and bullying and cajoling me to unground him.  It was really horrible - no amount of speaking to him about it would deal with the problem, eventually M sacrificed his evening to cleaning up with Finn - I don't feel good about that either.  What an unpleasant end to a constructive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment