Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 28 January 2013

Drink taken

I feel rather good about today - I edited a lot, I had a little snooze, then I edited a bit more.  I looked at the plot, there seemed to be "plot points" at all the right places, if we are working on the 3-act structure (which I think seems a bit stupid for a literary novel).  I had lunch and then beavered away, and then we had tea, watched the Simpsons and made supper.

It all went horribly wrong before supper.   M offered me a drink, in my inner theory we don't have pre-dinner drinks except at the weekend - and we only drink wine at supper during the week if there's a bottle already open, or we have visitors.  HOWEVER, I had a gin, and another - and then some really delicious Gaillac (where did we get it?) and some more Gaillac - followed by a drunken ramble across the pages of Fb and Twitter -  it's pleasant, but I know I will feel lethargic tomorrow, and that's annoying.  I don't want to feel lethargic, I want to be fit and bouncy again.  Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment