Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 16 January 2013

More dreams

Yes, I know other people's dreams are boring - and have been considered so since at least the 16th Century, as I discovered when I read Il Galateo  (spelling), but there's been a bit of a theme - first I dreamed a dream where I was doing normal things - but small pieces of money kept slipping through my fingers - cheques were dropped, slipped out of my hands and floated away.   Last night's dream was odd.  M and I were in a stately home gift shop - picking up lots of silly little things - but we couldn't pay for them, we were given a lot of tokens to use - but they had to be used by 4.00pm.  There was a young woman there researching for a PhD - she had research tokens and failed to cash them in and somehow lost her day's research.  We didn't have a disaster with ours, but there was a great anxiety.  Then we wandered around and found a room where a jazz band was playing - something by Miles Davis - one of the musicians flunked out and I found the rather good music was being made by me - on what looked like a clarinet, but sounded like a trumpet.  I was playing quite effortlessly - or rather my fumbling efforts were producing a clear, beautiful sound.  At the time I was anxious but when I woke up I felt rather positive about it - perhaps it is saying that my attempts to get things right are bearing more fruit than I realise and creating something good.  Well, I hope that is what it was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment