Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Saturday 9 March 2013

The fury abates - a bit!

Last night I was so furious that I worked until 1.00 am and let him get on with some sleeping.  This morning I got up at nine and found I'd resolved something useful about the book.   I discovered that it was easier if I wrote the new scenes in a separate document - so that I could then insert them and edit/re-write the subsequent passages afterwards.

I am still struggling with the demand that for the story to succeed, the heroine must have "learned" something. I am not sure if she's "learned" enough - she's clarified things, rather than learned them... but perhaps by putting the focus more on Leo what he learns and how he changes it will expand that a bit.  I don't know.  I am having a sneezing fit as I type, so not really concentrating.  Get Leo's friend in more?  The great thing about writing these scenes separately you can calm down, and realise that you are not actually adding 000's of words - but honestly, if I did everything everyone has suggested we would be looking at something Tolstoyan in length - every POV used and analysed.  It would be great to do that...perhaps I could do something with Conscience?

No comments:

Post a Comment