Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 22 April 2013

Farewell to my Russian fan base....

For quite a while I have suspected that the Russian audience for this blog was not genuine, so I checked out some of the referring sights and found that filmhill.com is frequently a cover for spambots and such devices to use.   I read a useful entry here http://professormungleton.blogspot.co.uk/p/comment-and-referral-spam-on-my-blog.html?showComment=1366670370361  which explains a little about it.  What these "readers" are actually getting out of their use of the blog is obscure - but they aren't here for the beauty of my prose, or the depth of my insights into Tolstoy, the British political scene, or my squabbles of one sort or another.   Apparently they send spam comments too, usually politely favourable ones, with links concealed in the words so that if you accidentally click on these you are dragged willy-nilly into their trojan-filled sites.   I have now warned my remaining 3 readers - my job here is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment