Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 4 August 2013

Warm glow continues...computer allergy

It must be hormonal - I am still feeling good, I went out to Anna G's last night, and even though I drank another bottle of wine, I still feel good this morning.  Again, conversation and laughter has a great effect on things.  But I'd had a pretty agreeable day with Mark too - despite lack of funds (down to £5 in the bank account until Tuesday, and no credit cards!)  And in fact rescue came, in the form of a BnB guest whose £50 will be in the bank on Monday - so we have sailed close to the wind, but just made it.  Might have enough money to go out and buy some double cream for this evening's meal...

The only fly in the ointment, apart from the almost predictable fiscal meltdown - was my eyes. I have been doing an enormous amount of data in-putting and checking stuff on the imputer... and my eyes began to feel weary and watery.  Yesterday sitting on Margate Harbour in the sun, we were also in the teeth of a howling (but warm) gale, one of my eyes began to water so badly that I thought I had repeated my awful scratched cornea experience.  By the time we got into the Turner it was unbearable - nothing seemed to make it better, although light seemed to make it worse.  I went and sat down in the reading area.  I couldn't read, because I'd left my specs somewhere - so I sat - apparently weeping - amongst the books.  Walking back to the car I felt almost disorientated - the journey home was agony.  But I knew that what I needed to do was rinse my eye out and lie down.   I did this, snoozed for 10 mins or so, and my eye felt better.  So, force of habit, I went and sat at the computer and began looking at a couple of websites.   Soon it began to feel worse again.  And the other eye began to water.  So I repeated the process and had another snooze... got up feeling nervously better.   Didn't touch the computer and went to Anna's feeling a bit fragile and bloodshot and made a full recovery.

I would like to say it's all over, but as I type this my left eye is beginning to itch and water again.  Am I developing some sort of computer-generated ailment!  Will this be the last blog...? Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment