Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 30 April 2012

An outing to the cinema

I love films, but most of the ones I'd like to see never come to Ramsgate, so I am left with the ones that do come: most of these are not my sort of thing, violent action thrillers or kiddie films.  The Exotic Marigold Hotel threatened to be a bit heart warming - and indeed it was, but it was still quite enjoyable.  Firstly because it had several fantastic actors in it.  Secondly because it was set in Jaipur and part of it was filmed in Udaipur... and I got glimpses of places I'd seen and been to.  It made me want to go to India again - up to a point.

The best thing about it was a wonderful indian saying:  Everything will be fine in the end, and if it's not fine, it's not the end yet.

Very cheering somehow. I shall have it written in pokerwork and hang it over the mantelpiece  (it will look silly on top of the mirror, but hey...)

No comments:

Post a Comment