Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Understanding Blog Stats....

This is something I've always found mystifying.   Earlier this morning, I had a reader in Australia - now he/she has disappeared, as has the reader in Ecuador who appeared (first ever Ecuadorean!) yesterday.    Also why is the number of pageviews always much more than the total of the pages viewed? And why is everyone reading an entry about stagflation which isn't really about stagflation - and why does no one, apparently, ever look at the latest page...

Why do I have lots of readers in the US and none in Canada?  Lots of readers in Russia and Germany?

Meanwhile - hello Slovenia, Colombia, welcome back Japan.

This entry can tell you that I don't have enough to do.  Actually, I am extremely busy watching my new neighbours move in and worrying about whether they have any books.  All their boxes are suspiciously light and they have golf clubs.  I don't suppose books and golf are mutually incompatible (I call PG Wodehouse in evidence) but it isn't a very frequent pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment