Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Friday 12 October 2012

Andrew Mitchell - not quite finished

Ah, so, Andrew Mitchell isn't quite home and dry.  If he resigned, as many people wish, he would be admitting he'd said all the words that he's denied.  If I were asked to bet, I would bet a substantial amount that he did say those words, in fact, I'm certain he said them.

His own local West Mercia police are having a go at him now.  People are saying we ought to be sorry for him.  Yes, we should, but he should also know better.  He's two years older than me... mind you, I'm hardly a monument to even temperedness as the caller from the Nationwide, Mark and a lady in Smiths could attest today.   But I was trying to do too many things in too little time.    I saw Laura Sandys today - wish I'd had a chance to quiz her about Andrew Mitchell - but I bet he's a chum of hers.

But I suspect the unsinkable Mitchell will continue to breast the waves of controversy and we shall gradually forget.  Unless his local police force make a fuss - or they find that elusive CCTV lipreader!

No comments:

Post a Comment