Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Happy!

Even though I only wrote 300 words today I made progress in all sorts of other ways.  I re-wrote the synopsis of Conscience1 and edited the first 3 chapters again - they are in pretty good shape, but there was some stuff about the conchies I needed to correct.  When I re-wrote the synopsis I had to go to the end, and although I knew roughly what was going to happen, it was good to clarify the story.  There is just one thing I haven't done... an idea I have had, but am not sure about.  So that can be my new thing to worry about for the next few days.  I don't want him to do a Soames Forsyth on her, but I can imagine it.  I think it would upset family members a lot.  I need to make the distinction between plot - which the history of my grandfather's life provides, and story - which is the bit I've made up.  Yes, I've made up a story to fit the facts.  There will have to be an afterword...

No comments:

Post a Comment