Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 1 July 2013

Mother-in-law 2

The Return of the Terminator.... well, you know, I always knew she didn't like me, but it was interesting to be told what it was that annoyed her, which appear to be (1) I have a mind of my own (2) I'm clever (3) I forced M to sell his ruined castle (4) I forced him to leave London ... (5) I'm nasty to her and swear at her (once!)... er, that's it.  I already knew that she disapproved of me because I am fat, and because she has never been able to work out exactly how posh my family is (or isn't!).  She has put down virtually everyone in the family - and operated a successful divide and rule policy.  The boys don't like her - despite my efforts to be encouraging to her and about her.

I have always thought she might gradually improve, but I think she's got worse.  I am not going to bother to be nice to her any more, it's a waste of valuable psychic energy.  I shall no longer make any unusual efforts to be nice to her, politeness is all she'll get, and be lucky.

As far as she's concerned, I'm cheap labour, she could pay a Funeral manager a couple of £1000 or she can get me to do it, allowing me a small pittance to do it with - thus I cannot be credited with doing out of love, kindness or family feeling - and she gets to save several £Ks... brilliant.  M thinks she's innocent of manipulation, I think she's a totally ghastly, miserable, manipulative old trout...but I've had enough of her for the time being, so I will leave it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment