Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 3 October 2011

Grrrrr - sotto voce

I was expecting a visit from my friend V - with whom I intended to hang out for a couple of happy days and relax and hear about her new work, her blogging ideas and so on and so forth... but yesterday I felt ill.  M kindly told me it was an allergic reaction to smoking (passively).  I pointed out that during my life I had passively smoked far more than last night without any immediate effect.  He does like to grumble about things like this, and I suspected what he was really complaining about was my friendship with R and A (the smokers); then my stomach became very uncomfortable and painful - I was coughinh and my throat was sore in a raspy way - and in an unusual place.   When I woke up at about 4.30am I realised I had lost my voice and that I needed a day in bed.  Actually what I need is a day working on Conscience - but perhaps I'll get it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment