Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 17 October 2011

Normal service

...may be resumed eventually.  This bloody virus is proceeding apace.  I had a really good day yesterday - we had C&K to lunch with their children and it went very well.  So nice to talk properly - C was saying how difficult it was to get some people to discuss anything - she thought it might be because of the PC thing - that people were afraid of offending other people.  There's some truth in that - but I wonder if we've taken to the PC ideology amongst the middle class DFL set more because it reflect an innate English dislike of too much intense conversation etc.

On of the teachers at CC Primary was telling the children about Creation - which happened 6,000 years ago, and that there was a time when dinosaurs and humans roamed the planet.... arrrgh.  It amazes me that when finally faced with something undeniable (the existence of dinosaurs) Creationists accommodate the inconvenient fact in a completely fanciful, untrue way.  I don't know where magna est veritas et praevelabit comes from, but the Bible does have a line about the truth shall make you free - clearly they would rather live with an akward lie, which I find very shocking.

I think I haven't been writing because I worked solidly on Thanetarium - and that was very satisfying.  N has done a piece for it too - so hope we can encourage him and give him a bit of a heave-ho into journalism in the longer run.

No comments:

Post a Comment