Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 9 July 2012

Gems from the playlist

This has been a bumper morning for the playlist.  I use it to facilitate writing, and this morning the phrases have been jumping out at me.

Setting the scene was the Johnny Cash song about divorce, "Going to Jackson" - then Tracks of my Tears - "although she may be cute, she's just a substitute"  - Cream's White Room "at the party, she was kindness in the hard crowd".  Bob Dylan's Tangled up in Blue "wondering if her hair was still red" "she said we meet again some day, in the avenue"... Pet Shop Boys Love Comes Quickly  
"Live your life learning
And working alone
Say this is all you want
But I don't believe that it's true
'Cause when you least expect it
Waiting round the corner for you,
Love comes quickly, whatever you do, you can't stop falling..."

And Brigitte Bardot's melancholy La Mandrague and now it's BD's Simple Twist of Fate.   

The unfortunate thing is, I need to update and re-write bits of TRF now - because they have added thoughts to my mind.

Postscript.  I cannot hear Jimmi Hendrix's The Wind Cries Mary without giggling a little now.

No comments:

Post a Comment