Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Wednesday 30 November 2011

An experi'ent

Which has already proved not to work - I wanted to see if I could paste the letter ' ' fro' the character 'ap - so that I could write 'y blog, but I can't, so will have to be satisfied with an 'less text - and substitute apostrophes.... the laptop is going in for a service to'orrow - which fills 'e with dread since last ti'e it was serviced 'y store of saved e'ails was re'oved fro' the hard drive.  I've just discovered I can do background colour on 'y text - that's really interesting.  I often think that the blog doesn't look as attractive as it could, due to the failure to upload photos etc.  But perhaps the coloured background could give it a certain je ne sais quoi.

I could use the coloured background to denote chance of subject perhaps?  Very synaesthetic... and perhaps too hard to read.  We shall see.

Now - here's the change of subject - I have just been to hospital in Canterbury - which necessitated two trains and 4 taxis, due to #y weakened state - a cost of about £25 - a nuisance not having the car.  It is, after a brief renaissance, off the road again.  I had hoped they would do a biopsy today - but they haven't.  Instead I #et a nice Nigerian?Ghanaian consultant called Ike - who ordered a hysteroscopy soon, i.e. within 2 weeks, which would enable the to do a biopsy and a s#ear test and everything else.  That's cheering - #eans they probably don't think it's cancer.  The bad news is I'll probably have to have a general anaesthetic before Christ#as.  Hope it won't knock #e out too #uch. 

I'# afraid this entry is co#ing under the general wittering category of blog - but I a# pleased about the colour thing - I could use different colours for different topics - then readers could skip fro# the bits that interest the# and avoid the boring bits.  So I could use this colour for "general wittering"

Politics and current events?  Not very legible - perhaps this one would be better... OK - Politics

Literature - including #y own efforts such as The Ro#antic Fe#inist - plus dealing with agents etc.

Gossip - celebrity etc?

Do I write about anything else?  Oh yes -

Other blogs!

Health - see above...

Or is it just plain stupid?  Have to see how it looks when I post it.,    Interesting how little one does actually use the letter # - perhaps that's why it scores relatively high in Scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment