Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 7 November 2011

Without the car

...I was forced to go all the way to the Harbour on foot today - which meant that on the way back I went to the bank and paid a bit of a debt, then to the shop and bought some urgent items.  I got a bit giddy and nauseous after climbing the hill home, and as I sat on the bench near the almshouse in the dark, waiting to recover, I wondered whether they had put the almshouses there to keep the indigent old people fit - or whether they planned to ensure that there was a rapid turnover of elderly paupers as they consistently conked out from heart failure or apoplexy as they struggled with the gradient.

So I had a healthy walk and did the bank, the shopping and a meeting and spent no money on parking or petrol.  I splurged my savings on some smoked salmon pate....but I'm half celebrating the fact that Mark has another job in the pipeline.  A small sigh of relief may be permitted I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment