Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 12 February 2012

Birthday contd.

Right - we went to the pub that used to have lovely food to find it had become a pub with ordinary food - so not quite special enough for a birthday treat.  Instead we went to Elizaveta in Sandwich was was good fun, the food is very nice - not exquisite, but proper greek food - my chicken breast was lovely - it's the wrong time of year for Greek food though - and on the whole, the restaurant was cold - heating not on!!!  But woman who ran it very friendly - and complimentary about the boys' photography.

Talking of which Finn took a ludicrous pic of me blowing out the candles on my birthday cake - I look like one of those ornamental zephyrs on a map... good cake flavour (made by Finn) but some problems - a bit dry... probably needs sour cream or yoghurt in it.  I made the ganache... a bit lumpy, but I was sozzled, thanks to not having had time to recover from lunch before Anna G came over with a bottle of wine.  Anyway, we had a jolly chat and I felt - as I often do, how nice it was to have a friend around the corner to bring one treats....my two Anna friends have totally imbued the name Anna with all sorts of good vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment