Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 12 February 2012

Happy Birthday to me

A little light snow this morning - but with the promise that the weather is going up to 3 degrees this afternoon - hurray - and will be a positively balmy 7 by Weds....

I graciously received the presents - two welcome cheques, which I am going to spend on myself this time...last year I got £450 - and spent about £75 on myself...so this year I am going to be resolute - and a collection of "little presents" - due to financial stringency - I am going to have a "proper" present when an invoice gets paid.  Got two good CDs... books, lovely earring in fuschia shape made of wires... really nice.

We are going out to lunch at the Fitzwalter Arms - which was once a splendid restaurant - which has recently changed chef... so fingers crossed.  Unfortunately the nearby gardens at Goodnestone aren't open - but we might manage a wander to the churchyard for a bit of sightseeing - if it isn't raining, something which is desperately needed... local Kentish reservoirs only 46% of their usual levels at this time of year.  Another hosepipe ban.

No comments:

Post a Comment