Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 12 February 2012

Go and read a book

is my advice to myself, to stop me wandering around these blogs.  To my immense excitement I found a couple of other writers' blogs.  One was a chick-lit writer - the other had challenged him/herself to write a blog entry every day for a month and thought that blogs were a form of writers' block - rather than what I think, which that it is a displacement activity. I didn't feel I'd found kindred spirits - but perhaps they were using their blogs properly - i.e. as marketing tools and were addressing a "fan base" - which is something I don't think I could be said to have developed

I don't feel I can write now - a bit dopey and tipsy - which is why I am wantdering around the blogs... and finding another 20 US family blogs.  Perhaps in the future I will write a novel in the style of an all-American family blog.   A couple of days ago I found about a dozen blogs about horses... makes a change from babies and puppies!

At the moment I am still reading Collapse by Jared Diamond and Lorrie Moore's The Gate at the Stairs  (a 1st person narrative...) and I have many Christmas and birthday books to read... must get on, just going to sneak a few peeks at other blogs to see if I can find something interesting.

I did find an interesting thing where you could find out who was googling you.... but not sure about it, funny thing to have in the middle of a blog thing.  I'll google it to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment