Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Thursday 8 December 2011

An early Christmas present?

Went to hospital today for the pre-operative assessment.  They decided I needed to be in a different operating theatre - one close to intensive care in case there were problems with the anaesthetic (well - you know what it did to michael Jackson).  This means I need to have the operation on 23rd - 2 days before Christmas.  There's never a good time obviously, but it means I won't be able to cook for 2 days before the Great Day!   Interesting.... I suppose I'll just have to be incredibly organised - and indeed I have been deep in the spreadsheets for days, planning which tasks will be done on which days. 

With luck the car will be back on the weekend, which will herald a vast outburst of shopping... even so, it's going to be tricky.

I think we are looking at an interesting time - 22nd - drinks party here (no alcohol 24 hours before op), 23rd 8.00 am operation... 23rd pm - go home and go to bed.  24th Stay in bed.  25th leap up refreshed to cook large dinner for everyone... it'll be fine.   "Can your husband cook?" the nurse asked.   "No."   Well, only fry ups and spagh. carbonara.... It just means adjusting all the timings - I'll have to cook the ham on 26th and we can have it hot - and do the tongue well in advance, and the gravadlax - but this is not for the blog - back to the spreadsheets!

I just hope that the next drinks party on 27th won't be too much like hard work... and that Ned and Finn will develop a fascination with making canapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment