Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Thursday 10 May 2012

Looking forward to...

It is a miserably rainy day, but I am looking forward to seeing my son's girlfriend's parents for coffee, going shopping, watching the Leveson enquiry on tv and seeing Rebecca Brooks (I hope) and then just hanging loose, and perhaps finishing washing the kitchen floor (a mammoth task I began yesterday).

I am also noticing how much more agreeable Twitter is now that it isn't full of vapid tweets from a couple of the people I was following.  I have also noticed that following intelligent clergy (Richard Coles, Giles Fraser) is more fun than following Stephen Fry.  Weirdly, I am now being followed by Grant Shapps the junior Housing Minister - I think he's just trying to see if I tweet anything politically interesting (which I won't).

I am also looking forward to going out to the Society of Authors get-together tonight.  I have persuaded Mark not to come, because I want to have it as my own sort of space... but I'm not sure if that's fair - he might like to go and speak to Jak... oh dear, maybe I should say it's up to him.  Still don't know what the topic will be.  It's in Deal, a bit of a drive, which means I mustn't drink too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment