Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Monday 28 May 2012

More on Limerence

The first and the biggest sign of limerence is hiding one’s feelings for someone.

This is what lovepanky.com says... hhmm, perhaps it has been limerence all along, a morbid fear of expressing oneself. On the other hand, the LO had a copy of "the book" - which is pretty explicit about the heroine's feelings...  and two people who are married to other people, have to be pretty cagey about their feelings.   A lot of the stuff about limerence is very close to what I have felt - except that I haven't sought gratitude from the LO - or perhaps I have, in a rather perverse and torturous way.  I think there are dozens of reason why people "do not speak their love" - not just limerence, insecurity, fear of rejection etc. Are they saying that people who have experienced a great deal of rejection are unable to fall in love?  If you are insecure about someone's feelings does that mean you cannot really love them?

I know that is an illogical conversion, but it's interesting.   Why do people not declare the love they feel?  Because they feel foolish, because they hate themselves for making themselves vulnerable to others, because they fear rejection, because they haven't yet got to the right moment... those all seem to me to be valid reasons. Perhaps they aren't, and perhaps if you can't tell your love then it isn't love?   Oh dear, now I feel a bit miserable... was it all about getting his attention?  I don't think it was, just about wanting to continue a conversation, I haven't felt jealous, or annoyed when people have interrupted our conversations etc. Perhaps what he felt towards me was limerence?  Oh for heaven's sake!  I'll never know, nothing will ever come of this. I just wish it would resolve itself or go away.

Should I even publish this - is it too personal?  Oh, what the hell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment