Reading while dead

Reading while dead

Sunday 6 May 2012

Sad husband day

We had the conversation.  We both know we can't actually do anything - he said he'd leave if I wanted him to, but the fact is that I don't want him on his own, feeling miserable... I am still happy to look after him a while longer, but he says I have a tendency to look after waifs and strays and a lot of my male friends have been in that category - he's simply the most successful one.  I said that I felt he was in a better place now than when I met him - and I think that's true, not just me being complacent.

It is possible that if my life begins to take off a bit with the book, then I will not be quite so stuck here, there will be more money for things, and maybe our relationship will improve.  In a sense there's no impetus to change our life - it would take a third party to do that, and there is no 3rd party currently in view... so I suppose we will just continue.   Has anything changed?  I don't know - I don't feel I want to celebrate things like our wedding anniversary (imminent).  I actually feel rather sad.  Not depressed, just a bit low.  Unsurprising, and yet nothing will change.  I am more desperate to make money and get out from under the situation.  Nothing really to say now, but there is a definite change in things.

No comments:

Post a Comment